Business unit Vifor Pharma
Key figures 2016
CHF 1,167.0 million
CHF 330.9 million
CHF 245.2 million
CHF 269.6 million
2,487 (2,410 full-time equivalents)
Highlights of 2016
- Vifor Pharma reinforced its global leadership in iron deficiency and simultaneously ensured market expansion.
- The US biopharmaceutical company Relypsa was acquired and integrated into Vifor Pharma, further strengthening Vifor Pharma’s product portfolio by obtaining global rights to Veltassa® (US brand name), a potassium binder for the treatment of hyperkalaemia.
- Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma (VFMCRP), our common company with Fresenius Medical Care, reinforced its position as a leading player in nephrology.
Outlook for 2017
- Establish Vifor Pharma as an independent, global specialty pharmaceutical company following the IPO of Galenica Santé.
- Enhance Vifor Pharma’s global footprint while remaining true to its Swiss roots.
- Continue to increase the confidence of private and institutional shareholders.
- Expand the iron market, especially in the USA, by further increasing awareness around iron deficiency.
- Reinforce VFMCRP’s position as a leading player in nephrology in close cooperation with our partner Fresenius Medical Care.
- Combine commercial assets and best-in-class cardio-renal products of Vifor Pharma, Relypsa and VFMCRP to become a major player.