Vifor Pharma is an international specialty pharma company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products.
The company has three main areas of focus:
- iron deficiency with and without anaemia,
- nephrology – in partnership with Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma
- and following the licensing of patiromer (US brand name: Veltassa®) in 2015 and subsequently the acquisition of Relypsa in 2016, also cardio- renal therapies.
- With its iron replacement products Ferinject®/ Injectafer®, Venofer® and
Maltofer®, Vifor Pharma is a global leader in the treatment of iron deficiency, a widespread ailment around the world. The product portfolio is completed by
Velphoro®, a drug developed by Vifor Pharma, to effectively control phosphorus levels in the blood for patients with chronic kidney disease on dialysis.
- During 2016, Relypsa – a US-based biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialisation of polymeric medicines for patients with often overlooked and undertreated conditions that can be addressed in the gastrointestinal tract – became a Vifor Pharma company.
- Relypsa’s first product is Veltassa® for the treatment of hyperkalaemia. It is the first new medicine in more than 50 years for patients with elevated serum potassium. To gain rapid and direct access to international markets, Vifor Pharma works through its own sales affiliates as well as with partners. The immuno-stimulant products Broncho-Vaxom® and Uro-Vaxom® supplement the portfolio of Vifor Pharma and offer potential for expansion.