The Retail Business sector operates the largest pharmacy network in Switzerland. It encompasses nearly 500 own, joint venture and independent partner pharmacies that serve more than 90,000 customer transactions per day.
The pharmacy network comprises the two own well-known pharmacy chains, Amavita and Sun Store, the joint venture pharmacy network Coop Vitality and the independent partner pharmacy network Winconcept operated under the brand Feelgood’s. All pharmacy formats offer well-known own brands and products, exclusive brands and products from business partners as well as a variety of on-site health services and tests for customers.
The pharmacy network of the Retail Business sector
- Amavita is the largest pharmacy network of Switzerland and consists of around 160 own held pharmacies. Its product focus is on the provisions of prescription and non-prescription (OTC) medicines and beauty products, with a strong focus on customer advice for prescription medicines. Primarily concentrated in western and northern Switzerland, Amavita pharmacies are typically located in attractive and lively areas and are strongly client oriented.
- Sun Store was the first pharmacy chain in Switzerland and has belonged to Galenica since 2009. The assortment of the around 100 Sun Store pharmacies focuses primarily on non-prescription medicines (OTC) as well as beauty, health and wellness products. Most Sun Store pharmacies are situated in the western and southwestern regions of Switzerland and places with high customer frequency, such as shopping centres.
- Coop Vitality is a joint venture between Coop and Galenica. The network includes about 70 pharmacies typically located in or in close proximity to larger Coop stores and are primarily in the German-speaking regions of Switzerland. The product offering comprises a comprehensive range of health, beauty and prevention products, complemented by professional advice and services.
- Winconcept refers to the network of autonomous and independent partner pharmacies operating under the brand Feelgood’s. The company provides operational, administrative and marketing assistance to Feelgood’s partner pharmacies under a range of available service packages. The more than 160 Feelgood’s partner pharmacies are geographically represented throughout much of Switzerland, with a concentration in eastern Switzerland.
- MediService is a specialty pharmacy that focuses on the pharmaceutical personal care market. While the company continues to provide direct delivery, in recent years it has successfully expanded its activities providing home and pharma care support services for in-home care of long-term and chronically ill patients, including specialist care and treatment for select, complex diseases. In particular, in addition to the provision of complex and costly medications, its service offering includes tailored assistance and treatment services, evaluation services for the pharmaceutical market and administrative support and advice on the scope and applicability of medical insurance regulations.
own, joint venture and independent partner pharmacies that serve more than 90,000 customer transactions per day.
Galenica Santé Ltd.
Tel. +41 58 852 81 11
Fax +41 58 852 81 12