Strategy of the Galenica Group: Milestone 2020
Press release, Tuesday, 14 March 2017
Board of Directors launches “Milestone 2020” strategy plan: Galenica Group to become Vifor Pharma Group and float Galenica Santé on the stock exchange
With the exceptional and highly successful growth of Vifor Pharma, the Galenica Group has become a pharmaceutical company. The Board of Directors wants to build on this momentum. To promote the promising growth potential of Vifor Pharma in the best possible way, it has launched the “Milestone 2020” strategy plan, based on five strategically important decisions:
- The Galenica Group will be renamed Vifor Pharma Group.
- The Vifor Pharma Group will invest around CHF 850 million in the development and launch of new products by 2019.
- To finance these projects and to consolidate the company, Galenica is planning to float the Galenica Santé Business unit on the stock market by way of an IPO.
- The Board of Directors intends to propose a dividend of CHF 20 for each of 2017, 2018 and 2019 to the Annual General Meeting.
- The Executive Chairman Etienne Jornod will continue to be remunerated exclusively in shares, confirming his personal belief in the strategy and commitment to implementing it.
Other press releases
Press release, Tuesday, 8 August 2017
Press release, Wednesday, 7 June 2017
Press release, Tuesday, 30 May 2017