Pleasing business development despite a challenging market
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Swiss healthcare market was again marked by a number of significant challenges in 2019, including those of a regulatory nature such as the drug price reductions mandated by the government in 2018 and 2019. The current discussions on various regulatory frameworks will continue to shape the market environment in the future. Galenica, too, was unable to completely escape their influence in the year under review.
Thanks to targeted expansion activity and acquisitions, the introduction of new products and services, and measures to increase efficiency across the Group, we nevertheless made good progress in 2019 and significantly improved the result. Accordingly, the Board of Directors will propose a dividend of CHF 1.80, a 5.9% increase on the previous year, to the 2020 Annual General Meeting (previous year: CHF 1.70).
Key figures 2019
- Net sales: CHF 3,301.0 million
- EBIT adjusted1): CHF 166.9 million
- Net profit comparable2): CHF 134.2 million
- Investments: CHF 53.0 million
- Employees: 7,071 (5,449 full-time equivalents)
1) See chapter Alternative performance measures from page 92 onwards in the Annual report 2019 (full version)
2) Adjusted net profit (details of the adjusted key figures in the full version of the Annual report 2019 from page 92 onwards) and excluding one-off effects from changes in the provisions for deferred taxes due to the Swiss Tax Reform
Bern, 10 March 2020
"Thanks to targeted expansion activity and acquisitions, the introduction of new products and services, and measures to increase efficiency across the Group, we made good progress in 2019 and significantly improved the result."
EBIT growth (on a comparable basis)