First point of contact for healthcare advice
Ladies and Gentlemen,
2020 will go down in the history of the Galenica Group as an exceptional and particularly challenging year. The coronavirus and its consequences placed extreme demands on our various Group companies, especially in the first half of the year.
Galenica passed this test of endurance with flying colours, proving our ability to master difficult situations and special challenges thanks to our outstanding performance. In addition, 2020 clearly highlighted the critical role played by the Galenica Group and its business activities, some of which are systemically relevant to the Swiss healthcare market, whether in the nationwide supply of medicines or as the first point of contact for healthcare advice and support. To read more about the efforts being undertaken by Galenica in relation to patient safety, please see the sustainability coverage.
Key figures 2020
– Net sales: CHF 3,479.8 million
– EBIT adjusted1): CHF 168.6 million
– Net profit adjusted1): CHF 138.0 million
– Investments: CHF 57.0 million
– Employees: 7,205 (5,538 full-time equivalents)
- 1) See section “Alternative performance measures” from page 86 onwards in the Annual report 2020 (full version)
Bern, 9 March 2021
"Inspite of COVID-19, the Galenica Group continued to develop successfully and at a fast pace."