Ambition & Strategy
Galenica: the first choice for health, beauty and wellbeing.
- helps to shape the Swiss healthcare market of the future through innovation,
- is a reliable, attractive partner and employer, and
- aims at generating reliable, attractive returns with manageable risks.
- we manage the largest network of pharmacies in Switzerland and systematically make use of these for most competitive offerings;
- we develop and launch new and innovative brands, products and services in the Swiss market;
- we consistently utilise the synergies from all of our activities;
- we enter into and maintain partnerships with various market players and thereby make a considerable contribution to a well-functioning healthcare system.
On the basis of the Galenica strategy, the Retail, Products & Brands and Services Business sectors assume the following roles:
Retail: largest pharmacy network with the best offerings
Retail offers its customers and patients a unique range of products and services, wherever and whenever they want them: in Switzerland’s largest network of locally established pharmacies, online and at the patient’s home.
In the local pharmacy, advice, trust and competence come first, supported by
the ability to anticipate trends with innovations.
Retail systematically utilises potential synergies and orients both systems and processes consistently towards quality and efficiency. Doing so creates added value for the company, customers and partners.
Products & Brands: own and partner brands and products
Products & Brands is a significant growth driver for Galenica.
Products & Brands develops and launches own and partner brands and products for the entire specialist retail trade in Switzerland.
This is supported with a unique sales organisation comprising specialists in purchasing, customer advice and sales promotion as well as highly qualified experts who carry out individual customer-specific training sessions.
Services: best possible use of synergies
As a leading partner of all participants in the Swiss healthcare market, Services provides support with integrated logistics and IT solutions from a single source.
Through its unique know-how, Services consolidates its leading market position and cost leadership thanks to high-quality services and innovative offerings.
In addition, Services contributes to increased patient safety and efficiency in the Swiss healthcare system by providing master data and networking tools.
The business model of Galenica with its three growth vectors Retail, Products & Brands and Services constitutes a unique basis for shaping the Swiss healthcare market of the future with innovation and agility.