Extended Executive Committee
Chief IT & Digital Services Officer
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Galenica Group since 2022, born in 1972, Swiss citizen
- Career highlights: Lukas Ackermann started off his career as Product Manager at Helsana Insurance Company Ltd and then became Deputy Head of Product Management (1999 – 2002). In 2002, he was appointed CEO of Medicall Ltd. Afterwards, he became Head of Health Care Market at Synesix Ltd (2008 – 2010). The two following years, Lukas Ackermann was Head of I-Lab at the University of St.Gallen, and from 2013 to 2020 he was General Manager / CEO of amétiq Ltd. Before Lukas Ackermann became Head of IT & Digital Services at Galenica Ltd at the Galenica Group in 2021, he was Managing Director of HCI Solutions Ltd.
- Qualification: He obtained a Diploma in Natural Sciences from Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich and has a MAS MTEC from the Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich.
Head of Human Resources
- Member of the Extended Executive Committee of the Galenica Group since 2021, born in 1963, Swiss citizen
- Career highlights: Marianne Ellenberger has been active in the HR field since 1986 and has worked in different roles for various companies including Ascom, CSL Bering, and Swisscom. From 2001 to 2021, she was Head of Human Resources Retail at the Galenica Group. In 2021, she became Head of Human Resources of the Galenica Group as a member of the extended Executive Committee.
- Qualification: She is a Business Economist (technical college) and has a postgraduate in Strategic Personnel Management. Furthermore, she completed different CAS in Management Coaching / Coaching Advanced and Organisation Development.
Head of Corporate Communications
- Member of the Extended Executive Committee of the Galenica Group since 2017, born in 1966, Swiss citizen
- Career highlights: From 1985 to 1986 Christina Hertig was in charge of various projects at the advertising agency Lesch + Frei. After having completed her studies, she joined the editorial team of the members newspaper of the Schweizerische Metallunion (1991 - 1994). In 1995, she became Head of Sponsoring at Publisuisse Ltd, a year later she was appointed Head of Corporate Communications at Prodega Ltd (later Bon appétit Group). In 2002, she moved to the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH)as Head of Communication. Since 2006, Christina Hertig is Head of Corporate Communications at the Galenica Group. In 2017, she became a member of the extended Corporate Executive Committee, and in 2021, member of the extended Executive Committee.
- Qualification: She obtained a Federal Diploma in PR Consultancy and a Federal Diploma in Translation at the Interpreters’ School in Zurich. Furthermore, she studied HR Strategy in Transforming Organisations at the London Business School.
- Other main activity: Since 2019, she is a member of the GEWA Advisory council in Berne.
Chief Transformation Officer
- Member of the Extended Executive Committee of the Galenica Group since 2021, born in 1964, swiss citizen
- Career highlights: Jürg Pauli started off his career as a lawyer at the Swiss Bank Corporation (1993 – 1995) and as lawyer and member of the Executive Committee at a law firm (1995 – 1999). From 1999 to 2005 he worked in various roles at Swisscom Mobile, before he became first Head of Marketing Communications and then Head of Marketing at Swisscom Mobile in 2005. Three years later, he joined the Swisscom Group as Head of Pricing and Portfolio Design. Afterwards, Jürg Pauli was appointed Head of Marketing Swisscom and member of the Executive Board for Swisscom (Switzerland) Ltd (2013 – 2016). In 2016, he became Head of Business Transformation at Swisscom. Since 2020, he is Head of Transformation and Organisational Development at Galenica Ltd and member of the extended Executive Committee.
- Qualification: He has studied law at the University of Berne and qualified as an advocate/attorney at law before he did his Executive MBA at Bern-Rochester. He later made a training Transformation for Executives at IMD Lausanne plus the CAS in Agile Leadership.
General Counsel & Secretary of the Board of Directors
- Member of the Extended Executive Committee of the Galenica Group since 2021, born in 1981, Swiss citizen
- Career highlights: From 2011 to 2018, Barbara Wälchli worked as attorney at law in various corporate law firms in Berne and Zurich. In 2018, she joined the Galenica Group as Senior Legal Counsel. In the following year, she became General Counsel of the Galenica Group. Since 2020, Barbara Wälchli acts as General Secretary and since 2021 as a member of the extended Executive Committee.
- Qualification: MLAW, LLM, attorney at law