The Retail Business sector operates the largest pharmacy network in Switzerland. It encompasses over 500 own, joint venture and independent partner pharmacies that serve more than 100,000 customer transactions per day.
The pharmacy network comprises the two own well-known pharmacy chains, Amavita and Sun Store, the joint venture pharmacy network Coop Vitality and the independent partner pharmacy network Winconcept operated under the brand Feelgood’s. All pharmacy formats offer well-known own brands and products, exclusive brands and products from business partners as well as a variety of on-site health services and tests for customers.
The pharmacy network of the Retail Business sector
- Amavita is the largest pharmacy network of Switzerland and consists of more than 170 own held pharmacies. Its product focus is on the provisions of prescription and non-prescription (OTC) medicines and beauty products, with a strong focus on customer advice for prescription medicines. Primarily concentrated in western and northern Switzerland, Amavita pharmacies are typically located in attractive and lively areas and are strongly client oriented.
- Sun Store was the first pharmacy chain in Switzerland and has belonged to Galenica since 2009. The assortment of the around 100 Sun Store pharmacies focuses primarily on non-prescription medicines (OTC) as well as beauty, health and wellness products. Most Sun Store pharmacies are situated in the western and southwestern regions of Switzerland and places with high customer frequency, such as shopping centres.
- Coop Vitality is a joint venture between Coop and Galenica. The network includes more than 80 pharmacies typically located in or in close proximity to larger Coop stores and are primarily in the German-speaking regions of Switzerland. The product offering comprises a comprehensive range of health, beauty and prevention products, complemented by professional advice and services.
- Winconcept is a marketing and communications company that also supports Feelgood’s, the largest group of pharmacies in Switzerland. The company is aimed at owner-managed pharmacies and drugstores. The more than 150 pharmacy partners are located throughout Switzerland. Winconcept offers a wide range of services to support pharmacies in their day-to-day business. The personalised appearance of each pharmacy is especially encouraged. Winconcept’s guiding principle particularly underlines this: We strengthen the pharmacy with its image in its region.
- Mediservice is a specialty pharmacy that focuses on the pharmaceutical personal care market. While the company continues to provide direct delivery, in recent years it has successfully expanded its activities providing home and pharma care support services for in-home care of long-term and chronically ill patients, including specialist care and treatment for select, complex diseases. In particular, in addition to the provision of complex and costly medications, its service offering includes tailored assistance and treatment services, evaluation services for the pharmaceutical market and administrative support and advice on the scope and applicability of medical insurance regulations.
- The Bichsel Group, which was founded in 1948 in Interlaken, is a specialised Swiss company with a strong focus on the manufacture of individual medicines and medical devices as well as home care services in the field of home dialysis and home nutrition. On the one hand with “Grosse Apotheke Dr. G. Bichsel AG”, an established pharmacy ideally located in Interlaken, which additionally counts among the largest manufacturers of magistral prescriptions in Switzerland. On the other hand with “Laboratorium Dr. G. Bichsel AG”, which manufactures standard infusions and registered finished products for the Swiss market and can respond quickly and specifically to the special requirements of doctors and hospitals.
- Careproduct At the beginning of 2018, Galenica took over Careproduct. The company supplies walking frames, wheelchairs, incontinence products and other aids both online and offline. The range is geared in particular to older people and people with a disability who want to maintain or improve their mobility level. With Careproduct, the Retail Business sector can expand its customer offering and strengthen its market position with respect to online sales.
own, joint venture and independent partner pharmacies that serve more than 100,000 customer transactions per day.